At one time or the other, as you go along with your daily activities you may have done something to damage your eyebrows. You may have lost your eyebrows to an illness or have over-plucked your eyebrows and want to grow them back quickly. Or as many would admit it, you may just want thicker eyebrows to make your eyes stand out as a fashion statement.
There are many natural ways to grow eyebrow hair back quickly and thicker than before. You can get the items you need at most grocery stores. You should continually use the techniques until you have the thick, lush eyebrows you most wanted. It normally takes six to eight weeks to regrow eyebrows, but with these methods, it will take about four weeks.
If your eyebrows have been plucked too thin, the first thing you would need to do is make some small and simple cosmetic changes to them. For urgent occasions when you need to appear perfectly groomed, you can always use mascara on your eyebrows as well as eyelashes. Using a shade of mascara that is the same color as the hair on your eyebrows is the best way to go. Apply smooth and swift strokes with a mascara brush upwards, in the direction of your forehead. This will give the appearance of thicker as well as meticulously groomed eyebrows. In any case, you should know that it will normally take about a couple of weeks to a month for the hair on your eyebrows to grow back to normal.
Once you have achieved full hair growth, you can simply get them reshaped. Make it a point to use a different salon this time, just to be on the safe side. It is also better to give extremely precise instructions to the person who is plucking your eyebrows. You must also interrupt her couple of times and check the progress. This way, if your hair is being plucked too thin or thick, you will come to know at once, and you can instantly remedy the situation.
If you generally want the hair on your eyebrows to grow back thicker, there are some home remedies you can use for the same. Applying castor oil to your eyebrows and eyelashes is a well known remedy to make them thicker and longer. Sometimes, you could notice your hair growing back better in as little as a week, as castor oil is very good for healthy hair growth.
Aloe vera gel is also a very effective remedy to make your hair grow back thicker and better. You can try to get some fresh from the leaves of the plant. But if you cannot get this, you can also use a store brought one. This will work equally well. Aloe vera will also smoothen your skin in this area. Another effective remedy to make your hair grow better is to apply coconut oil to it. Coconut oil has the property of making your hair grow back thicker and faster. It can also be used very effectively on your scalp, unlike castor oil, which is simply too thick and viscous for this purpose. All you have to do is apply the oil and leave it, preferably overnight, for best results.
Following these techniques is moderately difficult but with discipline and perseverance, you will be able to regrow your eyebrows in no time at all.
You will need the following: Olive oil, Vaseline, Q-tips and Eyebrow brush or toothbrush.
- Apply Vaseline to your eyebrows where you want them to grow in the morning and leave on for a couple of hours. Wipe excess jelly away with the Q-tips. Vaseline will make your eyebrows grow thick.
- Apply more Vaseline in the afternoon as you did in the morning. Wipe off after a couple of hours.
- Apply olive oil to your eyebrows at night after you comb your eyebrows. Make sure you apply it exactly where you want your eyebrows to grow. Olive oil will make them grow faster. Clean the olive oil off in the morning and start all over again.
- Stop the treatments once you have the eyebrows you desire. If you have a medical condition that keeps hair from growing, you may want to add some vitamins to your diet to encourage hair growth. Vitamins A, B3, C and especially E can help boost growth.
- Castor oil has also been known to grow eyebrows fast and thick. You can use this to supplement the applications for even a more effective eyebrow regrow.